With the emergence of a whole new range of mattresses and mattress brands, consumers are ditching the local stores and exploring online for their bedding needs.
First things first, you might be wondering how can they jam a high-quality mattress into a box?
When this concept was first introduced, it seemed too good to be true. In fact, the first mattresses-in-a-box were simply slabs of memory foam that really weren’t suitable for the master bedroom.
Modern technology has it possible to put high quality mattresses, even hybrid models, into a box. This unique concept has changed the mattress industry and taken it to the next level. Before shipping, these mattresses are rolled and compressed by state-of-the-art automated compression technology, wrapped in plastic, and vacuum-sealed to fit into a box. This process is known as roll-packing.
Once unboxed, these mattresses will start to expand and decompress and are usually ready to use within a few hours. It is important to note that the mattress will reach its top performance 30 days after being unpacked.
Understanding the benefits of a mattress in a box largely depends on priorities and usage; listed are a few major ones for a better understanding:
- Mattresses-in-a-box are available in memory foam and hybrid comforts.
- They can be quickly unboxed and set up within a few hours.
- Consumers can choose from a vast collection from the comfort of their homes.
- Easy and convenient 120+ night guarantee available on most mattresses. If you feel the bed is not the right fit for you, you can opt for a return it for an exchange or, in some cases, refund.
- Mancini’s Sleepworld will deliver a mattress-in-a-box to your preferred room and even set it up for you. Alternatively, you can choose to have it delivered to your door and set it up yourself.
- Mattresses-in-a-box come in various comforts and budget levels.
- Many brands offer consumer-friendly trials and return policies on a mattress in a box.
- Each brand gives details of firmness range and material based on the sleep position and body size of the sleeper.
- Due to the compression technology used, mattress boxes can be initially moved around even through those narrow hallways, elevators, or stairways, which can be tricky with traditional mattresses.
The average life of a mattress-in-a-box and not-in-a-box is mostly the same— is around eight years.
The longevity of a mattress in a box largely depends on the quality and materials chosen; however, like many other mattresses, these are just as durable as traditional mattresses, which last about 7 to 10 years.
The higher the quality, the longer it will last. High quality memory foam mattresses top the list with a lifespan range of 7 to 9 years in comparison to hybrid or innerspring mattresses, which last up to 5 to 6 years.
When should you consider a mattress in a box?
If you fall under any one or more of the below categories, a mattress in a box might be the right fit for you.
- A mattress in a box can be best for people on a budget. These are great value products at affordable prices.
- If you prefer foam mattresses instead of traditional spring mattresses, you will have more options online than in a physical store.
- While most companies do not provide a trial period for a mattress-in-a-box, you can try most of the best brands at your local Mancini’s Sleepworld store before buying.
- If you need mattress quickly, for a guest room for example, and aren’t overly concerned about how it feels, you can buy a mattress-in-a-box and have it delivered quickly.
Tips to follow while buying a mattress in a box
Prioritizing what you need might be an excellent way to start. As you are aware, every mattress is uniquely designed and may suit some sleepers more than others
Materials used determine the firmness of a mattress. If you have done a little research, you know that mattresses are made of various materials, and each of them brings advantages and disadvantages. You need to figure out if you want memory foam or hybrid.
Memory foam mattresses have slightly more flexibility to them, and can relieving pains or aches. However, they often lack edge support and give a sink-in feeling. Hybrid mattresses contain memory foam and coils, and are known for their support and breathability, but might offer less pressure relief and motion isolation because of the spring-like feel.
Softer beds may be better for people who weigh less and are also side sleepers. For an average-weight person, moderate firmness may be a better choice. Firm beds that offer more support and less body contour may be the right choice for heavier people.
If you are also suffering from back or neck pain, you may want to look at specialized mattresses. Mancini’s Sleepworld recommends consumers visit a local store and get a SleepMatch. SleepMatch technology measures your body’s needs and will provide you with a selection of mattresses perfect for your sleep needs.
Consider your sleep position while buying the right mattress for yourself. As a rule of thumb, side sleepers often need a softer mattress that supports the spine and hip muscles, and back sleepers prefer a slightly firmer mattress that supports the shoulders and the hip region. And for stomach sleepers, the mattress should support the midsection. Use the “Filter” option to lock-in on your must-have characteristics in a mattress.
While mattress brands offer a host of savings on mattress-in-a-box, setting a range for yourself before you indulge is essential. There are also special offers for the military and healthcare professionals; it is good to keep an eye out to see if you qualify for additional savings!
Delivery, warranties, and return policies
All three factors are essential to read thoroughly before clicking that "Buy Now" button. Shipping and delivery are usually free and included with the product.
Mancini’s Sleepworld offers a 120-night sleep guarantee on all of our all bed-in-a-box products, and the various manufacturers may provide even longer trial periods.
Standard mattress warranties are included with every product. If you don't find this information easily, you should reach out to customer support. It is always wise to do your homework before making the purchase.
Buying a mattress can be quite a task, but mattress-in-a-box makes the process a lot easier. Just so you don’t go wrong, make sure you go through customer testimonials and reviews to get unbiased information. We all know sleep is the most crucial thing to function; take your time and choose the right mattress.
If you are still confused, step into your nearest Mancini's Sleepworld and buy the best mattress in a box today!