When you think about adjustable beds, you probably think of a hospital room or perhaps your grandparents’ house. In truth, though, adjustable beds are beneficial for adults of all ages. Adjustable beds use just about any kind of mattress, so you can sleep on whichever kind of mattress makes you most comfortable, in whichever position makes you most comfortable. Intrigued? Wait until you hear about the health benefits of adjustable beds.
- Adjustable beds can reduce back and joint pain. Because they allow you to customize your position, adjustable beds can help keep your spine aligned while reducing pressure on your lower back and hips. They can also be moved into ergonomic positions that help you get in and out of bed, which can help reduce pressure on joints and alleviate joint pain.
- People with apnea sleep better on adjustable beds. If you’ve got sleep apnea, you stop breathing for short periods of time while you’re sleeping. More than 25 million adults suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, which can be due to muscular changes, physical obstructions, brain physiology, or improper closing of airways. People with apnea can feel exhausted upon waking and have an increased risk of heart disease, but sleeping in an elevated position helps reduce the occurrence of sleep apnea by preventing airway blockage.
- If you have trouble with swelling, an adjustable bed may be right for you. If you have trouble with swollen lower legs or feet from standing too much, or you have a health condition like varicose veins, raising your feet and legs can provide some relief. Adjustable beds make this easy, improving your circulation to not only reduce swelling but also help with heart issues.
- Your digestion is likely to improve when you sleep on an adjustable bed. When you’re lying down, it’s difficult for your body to digest food and easy for acid reflux to be a problem. Raising your head six inches, which is easy with an adjustable bed, can help the body’s digestive processes and is good for people with chronic acid reflux.
- Switching to an adjustable bed may improve your relationship. This may sound like a stretch, but hear us out. Because adjustable beds allow couples to manage the two sides of the bed separately, so that they can each get the sleep they need without disrupting the other.
If you’re in the market for a high-quality adjustable bed, come to Mancini's Sleepworld. Since 1969, the Mancini family has owned and operated their store in Sunnyvale, CA, selling brand name mattresses at fair prices and treating every customer with respect. Beginning an expansion in 1989, the Mancinis now have 33 locations across the greater bay area, allowing for same-day mattress delivery in most cases. To learn more about Mancini's Sleepworld, contact us through our website or call 800-647-5337.