According to the CDC, one third of adults in the US gets less than the recommended amount of sleep. We know sleep is important for our health, so what’s the problem? If you’re looking for high-tech solutions to help you assess your sleep or create a better sleep environment, we’ve got some suggestions.
To assess your sleep:
- The Fitbit Inspire HR tracker consistently tells you how well you slept. The tracker even offers you information about sleep stages.
- The Fitbit Versa 2 is a smartwatch. With a step counter, accelerometer, and heart rate monitor onboard, it estimates your time in different sleep stages for an overall sleep score.
- The Muse S Headband gives extensive feedback. Multiple sensors monitor brain activity, heart rate, breathing, and body movements.
- The Sleepace Sleep Dot doesn’t require you to wear anything. Slipping the Sleep Dot into your pillowcase tracks sleep cycles and body movement and even wakes you in the morning.
To improve your sleep environment:
- Your sound environment needs to be conducive to sleep. The Sound + Sleep High Fidelity Sleep Sound Machine, has 64 sound environments and can connect to speaker pillows, and the Dodow Sleep Machine is a combination of metronome and light system that guides you to sleep.
- The temperature of your room can affect your sleep. The Embr Wave Bracelet stimulates the inside of your wrist with warm or cool sensations. The ChiliPad Sleep System pipes water through a mattress pad and allowing you to adjust the temperature to meet your needs.
- A smart pillow can make a difference. The Simba Hybrid Pillow has ‘Nanocubes’ for reshaping your pillow, and the cover fabric helps regulate body temperature. The 10minds Motion Pillow offers anti-snoring technology, and the Sound Asleep pillow lets you plug in your audio device so only you can hear your music.
- Consider improving your air. The Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier is whisper-quiet, the Saje’s Aroma Om diffuses essential oils, and Netatmo Indoor Air Quality measures air quality, humidity, temperature, and noise to create a personalized profile so you can make any necessary improvements.
- Sometimes you need to shut out the world. The Bucky 40 Blinks Sleep mask has a Velcro strap and molded eye cups, and the Sound Oasis Illumy eye mask beams red when you’re sleeping and blue for waking. Hearheed High Fidelity Decibel Reducing Ear Plugs are reusable and washable, and Flare Audio Ear Plugs have a soft tip at each end and a noise-blocking aluminum core.
Now more than ever, Mancini’s Sleepworld is prioritizing the safety and comfort of their customers as they purchase new mattresses or furniture. Experience their commitment to a great mattress buying experience by visiting one of their 33 locations across the greater Bay Area. All locations are open for walk-ins or by appointment. To learn more, contact Mancini's here or call 800-647-5337.