You sleep on it every night, but you might not give it much thought. Do you even remember when you purchased your mattress? Your mattress was may have been a big investment for you, but if you’ve noticed any of the following signs, you probably need to invest in a new one.
- It’s as old as the hills. Mattresses are not made to last forever, so if yours is over seven years old, it’s time to think about replacing it. Lifespans vary from mattress to mattress, however, so when you buy a new one, write down its “best by” date, so you’ll know when it’s supposed to be replaced.
- You sleep better on vacation. Of course, vacation is supposed to be relaxing, and it may be simpler to sleep when you’re taking it easy. If you’re falling asleep more quickly and waking up more refreshed when you’re in an unfamiliar bed than you do at home, though, it could mean your mattress has outlived its usefulness.
- Mornings are miserable. If you’re stiff and can’t seem to wake up, it probably means that your sleep is not high-quality, and your mattress needs replacing.
- Your body aches are getting worse. If you find that your neck and back are aching, especially in the morning, it may be a problem with your mattress. Before you start seeing the chiropractor regularly, consider a new mattress.
- Allergies are worse upon waking. Mattresses accumulate dust mites, but that’s not all. They’re also havens for mold, mildew, and other allergens. If you’re waking up with a stuffy nose or find that your allergies flare up when you’re trying to go to sleep, it’s a pretty safe bet that you need a new mattress.
- Something seems “off” about your mattress. Does your mattress make a lot of noise? Does it have a weird smell? Does it seem lumpy, saggy, or misshapen in some other way? Sometimes you can tell just by observing it that your mattress needs replacing.
- You can’t seem to get enough sleep. Are you waking up tired every morning? If you’re tired when you wake up and fatigued during your day, chances are good that you didn’t get high-quality sleep. Since sleep is the ultimate purpose of a mattress, if yours isn’t helping you get good sleep, it’s time to toss it in favor of a better one.
If you’re in the market for a new mattress, it’s time to head to Mancini's Sleepworld. Since 1969, the Mancini family has owned and operated their store in Sunnyvale, CA, selling brand name mattresses at fair prices and treating every customer with respect. Beginning an expansion in 1989, the Mancinis now have 33 locations across the greater bay area, allowing for same-day mattress delivery in most cases. To learn more about Mancini's Sleepworld, contact us through our website or call 800-647-5337.