When you’re shopping for a mattress, there’s a lot to consider. What level of firmness do you need? How much do you want to spend? What brand is the best? You’ve probably heard of memory foam mattresses but may not understand what makes them different from traditional mattresses. Here, we look at exactly what is meant by memory foam, and the pros and cons of a memory foam mattress.
What, exactly, is memory foam? First developed by NASA to provide astronauts with comfort and safety during a launch, this type of foam has been around for over fifty years. It’s obviously progressed along the way, but the basic concept is the same: it’s a dense foam that conforms to a person’s body, providing comfort, support, and pressure relief. Mancini’s Sleepworld offers Tempur-Pedic® memory foam mattresses at competitive prices.
- Conforms to the body for a perfect fit. In response to your body heat, Tempur-Pedic® memory foam mattresses actively mold to your body. This allows the surface to evenly distribute your body weight and then return to its original shape when you get up.
- Relieves pressure to alleviate pain. Tempur-Pedic® memory foam mattresses absorb the force of your body and its pressure points, helping keep the spine in alignment.
- Good for those with allergies. Hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant, Tempur-Pedic® memory foam mattresses are good for people who have allergies or respiratory problems.
- A practical option for couples. Tempur-Pedic® memory foam mattresses don’t squeak or creak, and there’s no transfer of movement. Even if one partner is restless, the other can still enjoy uninterrupted sleep.
- A low-maintenance mattress. You don’t need to turn or flip Tempur-Pedic® memory foam mattresses, and they don’t sag. Additionally, they can last anywhere from 10 to 25 years.
- Dense foam makes the mattress heavy. Fortunately, Tempur-Pedic® mattresses don’t need to be turned or flipped.
- They can sometimes “sleep hot”. The dense foam can to retain your body heat. Luckily, Tempur-Pedic® mattresses feature an exclusive system of integrated cooling technologies designed to keep you cool and comfortable—so you wake up feeling refreshed.
- Memory foam is not waterproof. If you’re not careful with your mattress, you can reduce its usable lifespan. These mattresses are also hard to clean, so it’s recommended that you purchase a waterproof mattress protector. Additionally, it’s always better to protect than to regret since spills and stains may void your mattress warranty.
- Some people complain of bad odors and low support. This is typically only the case if you’ve purchased a low-quality memory foam mattress.
- Memory foam mattresses can be expensive. Shop Tempur-Pedic® at Mancini’s Sleepworld to find the best deal on memory foam.
If you’re looking for a great deal on a memory foam mattress, you owe it to yourself to check out Tempur-Pedic® mattresses at Mancini’s Sleepworld. Since 1969, the Mancini family has sold brand name mattresses and furniture at fair prices while treating every customer with respect. Now more than ever, Mancini’s Sleepworld is prioritizing the safety and comfort of their customers. You can experience their commitment to a great mattress buying experience by visiting one of their 33 locations across the greater Bay Area. All locations are open for walk-ins or by appointment. To learn more, contact Mancini's here or call 800-647-5337.