Accounts Receivable Associate
Mancini's Sleepworld, a local mattress company in the bay area for more than 40 years, has a great opportunity for a full-time, experienced Accounts Receivable Associate to work in our Livermore corporate office. The Accounts Receivable function is responsible for supporting all aspects of accounts receivable department, including finance contract administration and collections. This position will work Monday-Friday. Salary range is $19.00 per hour based on experience.
Essential Functions of the Accounts Receivable Associate include:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Reviews invoices, researches discrepancies, .
- Post incoming payments into accounting system and bank.
- Review, internally approve and submit finance contracts to third party lenders.
- Review accounts receivable report monthly and write off balances to bad debt and closed layaway account.
- Handles all finance and/or credit card disputes.
- Prepares and mails form letters on delinquent accounts and works with outside collections agencies
- Meets with Customer Service/Dispatch to review collection efforts on C.O.D balances.
- Monitors payment of delinquent accounts; proactively communicates with clients and stores to request payment and resolve disputed invoices.
- Oversees maintenance of accounts receivable files and records.
- Reconciles accounts receivable; prepares and distributes collections and aging reports.
- Processes refunds and credits; makes necessary adjustments to customer balances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience for the Accounts Receivable Associate:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum two experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Basic Knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with retail credit card processes including chargeback ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Key Competencies needed for Accounts Receivable Associate:
- High level attention to detail is required
- Organization and planning skills
- Work management and prioritizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
We offer the following benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a great work environment. If this sounds like the right job for you, please email your resume for consideration of our next available opening.