Tired of feeling groggy and worn out every morning when the alarm starts beeping? It takes more than a good mattress. The Mayo Clinic offers these ten tips to help you get more shut eye.
1) Try to go to bed and wake up around the same time. This includes the weekends. Your body will begin to set its own internal alarm clock which will help you feel sleepy sooner.
2) Don't eat a large meal before bed. Smaller meals at least a couple of hours before bed will make it easier to fall asleep. Try to avoid spicy food as well.
3) Avoid stimulants. Caffeine, nicotine or any other stimulant consumed in the evening can make it harder for your body to drift off.
4) Exercise regularly- exercising several times a week can help tire the body out so that it is ready for rest and a chance to heal. Be aware that exercising before bed can keep some people awake.
5) Make your bedroom a comfortable place to be. Keep the room cool, dark and quiet.
6) Cut out naps. Day sleeping takes away hours that your body could be resting at night. Resist the urge to crash and you will be rewarded with an easier time falling asleep.
7) Choose a comfortable mattress and pillow. It is important to find a mattress and pillow that is right for your desired level of comfort and body needs.
8) Have a relaxing bedtime routine. Doing the same things around bedtime (such as showering or reading) will signal the brain that it is time to shut down.
9) Go to bed when you are tired and turn all the lights off. This will be another way to tell your body goodnight. If you don't fall asleep in 20 minutes, get up and do something else for a while and then try again.
10) Use sleeping pills as a last resort. Talk to your doctor before starting any sleep medications.
We’re here to answer any questions you might have about your sleeping needs. So don’t be shy—come visit us today! Be sure to check out Mancini’s Sleepworld today or call - (800) 641-5337
Looking for a new way to get a great night's sleep? Try the Simmons Beautyrest Black line of mattresses. The mattresses are available in firm, plush and plush pillow top to meet every comfort need. Black mattresses are made with Transflexion Comfort technology which helps keep the mattress feeling like new for the life of the mattress.
For more information on the Black Mattress stop by Mancini's Sleepworld today or give us a call at (800) 641-5337.
If you have leather furniture, you know how difficult it can be to keep it looking great.
This video discusses how leather can dry out, leading to scratches and cracks in your furniture.
- If you turn the heat on in your home, it can also dry out your leather furniture.
- Having your furniture in direct sunlight will also damage it.
- And of course, pets can cause a lot of damage by jumping onto the furniture.
But there are ways to keep your furniture looking new.
- Vacuum regularly to remove any debris from your furniture.
- You can also purchase a leather conditioner and use it at least every 6 months to keep your furniture moisturized.
If you’re looking for some new furniture, visit the furniture experts here at Mancini’s Sleepworld. Our collection can improve the look of your home and with regular care, can stay looking new for years to come!
If you have any questions, feel free to give Mancini's Sleepworld a call at (866) 872-3148.
We don’t put enough energy into our beds. Throughout our lifetimes, we will spend a majority of time resting horizontally across mattresses that may or may not be comfortable.
Why should you dedicate all of that time to a bed that doesn’t put that much effort into your comfort?
- Adjustable beds are comfortable and fun. They allow the user to control the angle of the bed. With the simple touch a button, you could raise your head to watch television or read, or raise your feet to find a more comfortable position. Of, if you’re feeling really adventurous, you could raise both at the same time!
- Our spines are not completely straight, so why are mattresses? With an adjustable bed you can have the mattress support the curvature of the spine instead of putting strain on it like a regular mattress or futon would.
- Remember how much fun it used to be to sleep in a bunk bed? The motorized foundation of an adjustable bed makes lying down a little more fun. You’ll sleep as soundly as you did when you were a child.
- Sleeping on a completely flat surface hinders the way the blood circulates through your body. If your body isn’t curved at all while you’re resting, then your heart has to work that much harder to get the blood to all of your organs. Give your heart a chance to relax at night too with an adjustable bed.
The next time you see a mattress sale really ask yourself if you want to risk sleeping on a bad mattress or if you’d rather invest in an adjustable bed. It will improve your posture, let you sleep more soundly, and is just more fun than a regular, boring straight mattress.
Mancini’s Sleepworld has plenty of adjustable beds to choose from. Browse through our collection to find your perfect bed.
Come down today and check out our vast selection of mattresses, beds and frames. So what are you waiting for? You’ll sleep like a baby with one of our beds. Call today - (800) 641-5337.
Most people have have had a bad of night sleep. Maybe you had a bad dream or just tossed or turned. Maybe it's time for a new mattress?
Whatever the case is, Reader's Digest posted an informative article that may help solve some of your sleepless night problems. You may need to change your sleeping habits with some of these tips, but the effort is well worth it after you have a good nights rest. Read the complete article from Reader's Digest, click here.
Be sure to check out Mancini’s Sleepworld today or call - (800) 641-5337.
In this video from Before and After TV, Katie Stiles walks us through decorating a small space.
- By using modern furniture that is sleek and comfortable, you can do a lot with a limited space. As long as your furniture is not too big, feel free to experiment with leather couches that will add a lot to your space.
- A large print carpet can make the room look longer. Use ottomans instead of coffee tables to conserve much-needed space, but still have a place to rest your feet or to place your drinks.
- Try not to go overboard with decorative pieces. Too many pieces will make the space appear cluttered.
- Finish up with a flat-screen TV to increase your wall space.
Watch this video for more tips on how to decorate a small space, and head down to Mancini’s Sleepworld for all of your decorating needs.